Gonzaga makes jump in Power 24
The Gonzaga Bulldogs make the biggest jump in this week’s Power 24 at Brackeville ’09. Winning the Old Spice Classic in impressive fashion, the Zags have again established themselves as a contender. We also welcome Wisconsin and Clemson and say goodbye (at least for the moment) to Miami and Marquette. Here’s a look at our current Power 24 …
Our Power 24 …
- North Carolina – Hard to imagine the Tar Heels moving. Loaded at all positions and deep.
- Connecticut – The almost hiccup at Buffalo notwithstanding, the Huskies have been dominate and look like a Final Four team.
- Duke – The Blue Devils are starting to look more like the Dukies of old.
- Pittsburgh – Steady, solid, and perhaps boring – unless, of course, you mind collecting wins. Young and Fields are beasts.
- Gonzaga – Bulldogs make a jump; the “eye” test is matching up with the hype, and the hype, rightfully so, was very high.
- Notre Dame – Irish should be in the mix for a 2-seed throughout the year, especially if they show up on defense.
- Oklahoma – Sooners are balanced and Blake Griffin could be the Player of the Year.
- Texas – Longhorns have exceptional talent and perimeter play. If they can find more consistent play in the paint, watch out.
- Louisville – We’re not too down on the Cards for a misstep at state-rival Western Kentucky. The questions now are … Does Pitino have their attention? How do they respond?
- Purdue – The Boilers are solid and will certainly be in the Big 10 title chase. Rebounding continues to be an issue.