OSU-Michigan crash newest Power 24
Welcome Ohio State and Michigan to the latest Power 24 at Bracketville. Our Power 24 is a reflection of both a teams performance and potential. Teams must also pass our “eye test.” The Power 24 is updated each Saturday morning throughout the season at Bracketville.
Updated: December 13. Moving in: Ohio State, Michigan. Moving Out: Wisconsin, Villanova. Here is our Current Power 24.
- North Carolina – Here to stay.
- Connecticut – The Huskies battle Gonzaga next Saturday before their Big East opener with Georgetown.
- Pittsburgh – Style points only matter in college football.
- Gonzaga – The Zags keep working through perhaps the nation’s best non-conferene schedule – they still play Arizona, UConn, Utah, and Tennessee (again) before WCC play begins.
- Duke – Blue Devils loss at Michigan (after beating the Wolverines in New York) is just that, a single road loss in a tough environment.
- Oklahoma – Sooners are strong inside and out.
- Texas – Longhorns are still our pick to win the Big 12.
- Louisville – You can dismiss the cards after the loss at WKU, we’re not so sure it won’t serve Rick Pitino well.
- Tennessee – Lone loss came to Gonzaga. Upcoming non-conference battles include Marquette, Kansas and Gonzaga (again).
- Purdue – Still a bit undecided about the Boilers, but the pieces are in place to post a lot of wins.
- Notre Dame – The Irish learned one thing in last weekend’s loss to Ohio State – they still rely on sinking 3-point shots to win. Fortunately, most nights they excel.
- Syracuse – Great start for the Orange. How the Eric Devendorf situation affects this team remains to be seen.
- UCLA – The Bruins will get better every game. Hard to see them as Final Four caliber this year, but still very well coached.
- Xavier – After the Crosstown Shootout (Cincinnati), the Muskies get Duke and Butler.
- Memphis – Evaluation of the Tigers is still developing.
- Georgetown – Hoyas are solid in most areas. Their toughness and style of play make things difficult.
- Kansas – Young Jayhawks are under the radar – which is probably a good thing.
- Wake Forest – The Deacons are looking more and more like an upper-tier ACC team this year.
- Ohio State – Props to the Buckeyes, they followed up a nice win at Miami (FL) with an upset win over Notre Dame in Indy.
- Michigan State – The schedule and injuries notwithstanding, time for MSU to start playing like a Power 24 team. We’re still pretty sure they will.
- Florida – Gators are getting a pass for one more week. They’ve missed against both notable teams on their schedule (Syracuse/Florida State). They don’t see another decent opponent until NC State on January 3.
- Michigan – Welcome to the Wolverines. They backed up an early win over UCLA by beating Duke at home. Consistency is what UM needs now. The loss at Maryland isn’t bad, but the overtime escape against Savannah State at home makes you scratch your head.
- Davidson – The Wildcats passed both tests with NC State and West Virginia. This team is not as good as last years, but when Stephen Curry’s on the floor, most anything is possible.
- Clemson – The unbeaten Tigers hold onto our final spot this week. They open ACC play on Sunday, December 21 at Miami.
Have thoughts of your own? Send us a rebound – Bracketguy.