Opening Weekend: Bracket games to watch …
NCAA Tournament bids are not earned or lost in November. But with the regular season upon us, members of the Selection Committee will be watching. So here are a few potential “bracket” games to track this weekend; results that could be interesting down the road …
Friday, November 14
- Minnesota vs. Louisville – The Cardinals should be a lock; not the case for Minnesota. It’s also a family affair.
- New Mexico State at Wichita State – Both favored to win conference titles.
- Georgia at Georgia Tech – Is this the year Georgia earns an at-large bid out of the SEC?
- Washington State at UTEP – The Miners could be in the mix for at-large consideration.
- Houston at Murray State – The Racers are an early pick to win the OVC and this could be an “up” game.
Saturday, November 15
- Manhattan vs. Florida State – Nice early test for the Seminoles who could surprise in the deep ACC.
- Boise State at Loyola-Marymount – BSU is in our preseason First Four and non-conference wins away from home always help an at-large profile.
Sunday, November 16
- Boston College vs. Massachusetts – The Minutemen are looking for a return trip to The Dance, and a victory here would be a nice way to start.
- Valparaiso at Missouri – A proven Mid-Major vs. Power 5 matchup just for kicks.
It’s great to have college hoops back on the sports docket. Whether you’re watching your favorite team or any of these games, enjoy the first weekend of college hoops.